Alexandria Skinner is an attorney licensed in all state and federal courts in the State of South Carolina. Her practice, however, is limited to the following areas:
- Divorce Mediation: Skinner assists parties in resolving all issues necessary for a complete and fair divorce settlement agreement.
- Modification of Divorce Agreements: Many couples find that parenting plans need modification every few years as needs of children change. This can be done in the casual atmosphere of mediation.
- Elder Law: Skinner is committed to keeping people out of court and to preventive legal planning when it comes to being prepared for disability and tragedy. Every person needs to have a Durable Power of Attorney, a Will, and a Health Care Power of Attorney. Beginning at least by age 50, every person also needs to think about preparing for a future that may include long term care.
- Elder Mediation: Many times elders and their adult children, or adult siblings, have disagreements over issues ranging from long term care planning to probate of estates. Skinner is skilled in helping families navigate these waters without losing what it means to be a family.
- Collaborative Divorce: Skinner is one of just a few attorneys in central South Carolina who are actually trained and certified to represent parties in obtaining a Collaborative Divorce. Learn more about this cutting edge practice on this web page.
- Uncontested Divorce: When all issues have been decided, Skinner will represent one party in a non-adversarial proceeding to finalize the divorce.
- Adoptions: A happy occasion for all, Skinner is happy to participate in adoptions.
If you are interested in any of these services, please use the contact form on this page to request an appointment.
Mediation and legal representation are completely different functions and cannot be performed by the same person in the same case. Whether Skinner acts as mediator or attorney depends on the needs of the parties. A mutual decision about Skinner’s role will be made at the time of the first consultation.
Skinner’s fees for legal representation are the same as for mediation, and are outlined HERE.